Alert, Nunavut Climate & Temperature
- Alert, Nunavut, Canada is at 82°30'N, 62°19'W, 76 m (248 ft). See map.
- Alert, Nunavut has a polar tundra climate with no true summer (Köppen-Geiger classification: ET).
- The average temperature is -18.1 degrees Celsius (-0.6 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 37 °C (66.6°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype truly continental.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 154.3 mm (6.1 inches) which is equivalent to 154.3 Litres/m² (3.78 Gallons/ft²).
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Alert, Nunavut you would come out nearest to the climate station at Amundsen-Scott, Antarctica.
Alert, Nunavut Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Alert, Nunavut Climate Graph in Metric Units
Alert, Nunavut Climograph in English Units
Climate of Alert, Nunavut, Canada Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Eureka, Nt, Canada - 482.2 kms (299.7 miles) WSW
- Isachsen, Ellef Ringnes Island, Nunavut, Canada - 825.8 kms (513.2 miles) W
- Uummannaq/ Dundas, Greenland - 671.5 kms (417.3 miles) SSW
- Thule Air Base, Greenland - 675 kms (419.5 miles) SSW
- Resolute, Nt, Canada - 1091.7 kms (678.4 miles) WSW
- Qausuittuq/ Resolute, Cornwallis Island, Nunavut, Canada - 1091.9 kms (678.5 miles) WSW
- Clyde, Baffin Island, Nunavut, Canada - 1343.6 kms (834.9 miles) S